Effective Date: Oct. 30, 2019
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
sers of the Service may be Guides (anyone utilizing the Site to offer services to clients) or Clients (anyone using the Site to request services performed by a guide).
Information You Provide to Us
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Guide or Client), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, postal address and phone number.
- Non-Identifying Information/Usernames: We also may collect other information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Service, and general project-related data. We consider usernames to be Non-Identifying Information. Usernames are made public through the Service and are viewable by other WiseGuides Users.
User Profiles You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, information from your in game profile, feedback/rating information, hourly rates, available hours, and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all WiseGuides Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your WiseGuides Profile. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your account and may choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile. If you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us.
Community Forums The Service may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums (“Community Forums”). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post questions, comments, or other content.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us.. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Networking Services
You may register to join the Service directly via the Service or by logging into your account with a third party social networking service (“SNS”) via our Service. If you choose to register via an SNS, or to later link your account with the Service to your account with an SNS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, gender, account name, and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your account.
WiseGuides may permit additional interactions between it and a third party website, service, or other content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party SNS. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Service with a third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Service (and we may have access to information about you from that third party).
2. USE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We use information about you to:
- To provide and improve the Service, complete your transactions, and address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid and for compliance and internal business purposes;
- To contact you with administrative communications and WiseGuides newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online;
- To provide customer service;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services;
3. INFORMATION SHARING
We may share aggregated Non-Identifying Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information (including, without limitation, Hashed Information) to third parties. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties.
When you use our services, certain information may be shared with users and the public including but not limited to:
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, prior posts and reviews, and in game information
- When you send private messages the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent.
4. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
WiseGuides works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Service, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Service; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Service as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with the services they provide to us.
5. YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
Registered WiseGuides Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. Registered WiseGuides Users who access the Service by using certain desktop browsers may, with permission, receive push notifications.
6. CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information, and you must update any changes through your online account. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service.
WiseGuides takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Users.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
9. PUBLIC PROFILE
The profile you create on our site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
11. CONTACTING US
Developed with in British Columbia.VRG Interactive Inc.